Select a page
Issue Date: May 2012
1. Our use of your personal information
BFS Group Limited, trading as Bidvest Logistics (‘Bidvest Logistics’) (Company No.239718) has its registered office at 814 Leigh Road, Slough, SL1 4BD.
Other purposes for which we may use your Personal Information include dealing with enquiries, tailoring our services to your requirements and preferences, market research, competitions.
Occasionally, we may also wish to use your Personal Information to inform you about goods, services, promotions or competitions which we think may interest you.
2. When might we disclose your Personal Information to others?
Please be assured that except for the reasons listed below, we will not disclose your Personal Information to others.
We may disclose your Personal Information to others in the following circumstances and/or purposes:
Where we are required to do so by the Courts or to comply with other legal, statutory and/or regulatory obligations including accounting and taxation requirements;
To prevent and/or detect crime;
Where we believe that you may be interested in the services offered by other organisations including our group companies. If you would like details about these companies, please contact us at [email protected]
For credit reference purposes;
3. When might we transfer your Personal Information abroad?
4. Obtaining further details
If you would like further details of who we share your Personal Information with and for what purposes, please contact us at [email protected]
Please note that if you communicate with us electronically, including by e-mail, telephone or fax, this communication may be randomly monitored and/or recorded to protect the interests of our business and our customers. This includes for the purposes of maintaining customer/service quality standards, detection of and/or prevention of crime and to ensure that Bidvest Logistics employees comply with legal obligations and Bidvest Logistics policies and procedures (including our customer relations practices)
7. External information sources
We may on occasion obtain Personal Information from external sources such as credit reference agencies or our group companies. We may use this information for the purposes of improving the quality of our services to you.
8. Requests for access to Personal Information
We are happy to provide you with details of the Personal Information, which we process about you. To protect our customers’ personal information, we follow strict storage and disclosure procedures, which means that we will require proof of identity from you prior to disclosing such information. We may charge a small administration fee of £10 in relation to any requests for access to personal information. Please direct any such request to [email protected] or by post to the Thamer Hamandi, Data Protection Officer, Bidvest Logistics, 814 Leigh Road, Slough, SL1 4BD.
9. Information updates
Please help us to keep your Personal Information current and accurate by contacting us at [email protected] or by post at Bidvest Logistics, Salmon Fields, Royton, Oldham, Lancs, OL2 6JG if your Personal Information is or becomes inaccurate and/or out-of-date.
As you may be aware, no data transmission over the internet can be entirely secure. As a result, while we will always use reasonable endeavours to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information and the use of our Site (including the e-mail facilities) is at your own risk.
EU regulation requires all websites to say whether cookies are being used and their purpose and for users of the website to accept their use. A ‘cookie’ is a small piece of data that is sent to the browser that you are using on your device (a computer or mobile phone) by the website’s computer. The data file will store information you give to us during your visit so that we can “remember” you on subsequent visits letting you move around the site without having to re-input the same information over and over again. Bidvest Logistics uses the following types of cookies:
– Registration cookie– when you first use our website we will ask for your postcode. This cookie, which will be stored on your device, will remember the postcode associated with the device to help us to let you know our nearest depots to you. This cookie will allow us also to remember who you are on each occasion that use our website from the same device without you having to re-enter your post-code
– Session cookie – this will record your journey around the site only during your visit; for example, allowing you to go back to products that you might have viewed earlier during the session. The session cookie will stop once your visit ends.
– Analytics cookies – whenever you visit our website software provided by parties will generate an anonymous analytics cookies which will let us know how many unique users we have, whether you have visited our site before and how often you visit our site and also will give us the ability to recommend products to you based on your purchasing history.
You may disable cookies by change your browser cookie settings. Usually, these settings will be in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser. You can find more details in the “Help” section of your browser. If you do disable the cookies that we use you may not be able to enjoy all the features of our website.
12. Changes to this policy
As e-commerce horizons are changing at an ever increasing rate, we request that you refer to the Site on a regular basis to ensure that you are aware of our most